Completed

Assign additional IP addresses to the VPS

Comments (13)

photo

It's a super important feature :) !

photo

This is essential.

photo

I have the Solus IO implementation project totally paralyzed by not being able to put the additional IP in the VM. This is very important in order to be able to launch Solus IO to our customers.

photo

I'm close to being in the same position as Gustavo.

photo

Hello,

Gustavo, Andrew.

Could you please explain why additional IPs are so important for your customers?

Regards, Vitaliy

photo

Currently 90% of my VMs / Customers use Plesk or cPanel on their servers. And to use these panels you need 2 or more Ips in each VM for the DNS.

Without having 2 IPs it is practically impossible to have a DNS service running.

This feature is currently available on OpenStack, VMWare and other virtualization systems.

Currently I depend on the possibility of being able to use 2 public Ips on the VM to be able to start migrating all my clients from VMware to Solus IO. There are more than 500 VMs.

photo
photo

Hi Vitaliy,

We would like to move from another platform and have a lot of existing customers with multiple IP addresses. One of the most common reasons would be for customers with Plesk on the VPS.

photo

Andrew, Gustavo.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I need to discuss the priority internally and then come back to you with an answer.

Regards, Vitaliy

photo

Thank you. I am also a Plesk partner, and in contact with Bruno, my account manager, I informed you about the importance of having two IPs to be able to launch Solus IO as our main virtualization platform.

I hope it doesn't take long to launch this feature!

We even tried to add the secondary IP manually, but Solus IO does not allow it, there is some kind of IP / MAC restriction that does not allow the manually configured IP to work.

Thank you.

photo

We need this feature too. Many of our clients have or want more than 1 IP in our old SolusVM system.

Thanks

photo

This is quite literally ESSENTIAL! As stated above many clients use cPanel/Plesk and require multiple IP addresses. Please add this ASAP!

photo
photo

Hello.

We are going to increase the priority of this feature and start implementation soon.

I will provide ETA later.

Regards, Vitaliy.

photo

Thank you! Many of us are waiting for this feature to start offering SolusIO to our customers.

photo
photo

Hello, everyone.

ETA is the beginning of January 2021 but we will try to provide this feature earlier.

Regards, Vitaliy.

photo

Thank You! <3

photo

Hello,

Would you have an update on time-line as we're passing beginning of January? Understandably it's a flexible time-line and eagerly anticipating this ability, so any tidbits would be appreciated.

Thank you!

photo
photo

Wait, a SolusIO VPS can't have more than 1 IP address right now?

photo

Correct

photo
photo

To have multiple IPs aissngable to a vm is essential. I am shocked that this was not on the initial roadmap.

photo

Hello.

We've published the feature to the mainline update channel.

If you want to test the feature just switch update channel to Mainline in SolusIO settings and install the last version of the product.

/0b6d962a42f23ea76883ca8356b6e270

SolusIO administrator can activate additional IPv4 offering for a plan. In the case of integration with billing is enabled administrator can set the cost of the additional IP per hour and per month cap in tokens.

Read more about tokens and billing integration on WHMCS SolusIO official integration page and SolusIO billing documentation.

/eaec60f1248faebbc009e35dbf8ac457

After that, an end-user or an admin will receive the ability to add additional IPs inside the networking section inside a virtual server details page.

/0c385aa458f87fc8b9e38f8369a9894c

/23f49f88e386da3d7cb0631e1366100a

In the nearest future, we will move this feature to the stable channel and prepare the proper documentation and API description as well.

Will be happy to any feedback.

Sincerely, Vitaliy.

photo

Much appreciated Vitaliy!

These details were very helpful in updating to mainline and seeing the precise experience to be expected and works Beautifully. :)

Easily add option within plan and add/remove additional ip's on the server, quick to provision on both running and off-line vm's.

Thanks again,

Chad

photo

Oh and works well in Plesk,

Add IP to vm and use re-read within (tools & settings > ip addresses) - and 'voila' new IP is ready!

photo
photo

Hello everyone.

The feature has been released to the SolusIO stable channel.

Documentation is available here.

Sincerely, Vitaliy.

photo

Why only single Ipv6 per VPS?

I know you are working on additional IPs

But I'm not talking about additional IP

I want to add a whole /48 block IPv6 subnet inside the admin panel and give a whole /64 block with every vps

Just like presently we are doing with SolusVM

A single IPv6 is not we want at all

photo

Hello

Actually, you can assign IPv6 subnet to a virtual server.

Just set Subnet size in Ipv6 block settings.

baee56469d1448d5d4e8332e27a15a5f

The details are available in the documentation https://docs.solus.io/en-US/latest/administration/adding-ipv6-blocks.11/

Sincerely, Vitaliy.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file